November 08, 2006

Great Falls, MT

.














Disregard the people in the picture; I don't know who they are, or why they are blocking the view of my Mom's high school in Great Falls, MT.

Mom graduated from GFHS in June 1940. Her mother, Maria Roney, moved the family to Great Falls from Judith Gap so that Jack, Virginia and Mom could attend a good high school.

The town was on NPR this morning, because the election was yesterday and the race for the Senate in Montana is one of the two cliff hangers (along with Virginia) which will determine if the Democrats take control of the Senate. The challenger, Democrat Jon Tester, and the incumbent, Senator Conrad Burns, are neck and neck.

NPR interviewed their reporter in Great Falls, and it brought back a flood of memories from when Lacy and I stayed overnight in Great Falls last year, on our way to Glacier National Park. It's a great town, in a mountainous setting, whose glory days were the copper mines of the late 1800's.

Still a great place to raise a family.

2 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Stew Magoo said...

That girl in the red dress just flirted with me...

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Greg Finnegan said...

Damn! Now that's my Mother, Stew. I ASKED you to disregard the people in the picture.

Now I'm going to have to try to calm her down, again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home